Operations Coordinator (Part-Time) -
The Juniper Fund (TJF)
The Juniper Fund is seeking a 15 hours/week Operations Coordinator to support the programs and operations. Founded in 2012, The Juniper Fund provides assistance to individuals, families and communities adversely impacted by their work for the mountain-based adventure industry in underserved countries. See the recent article in Outside: http://www.outsideonline.com/2064481/david-morton-and-ghosts-everest
Our strategies include:
· Increasing the awareness and commitment of the participants of this growing industry on the outcomes in the event of tragedy.
· Supporting and monitoring families and individuals to help with needs such as education and health that are particular to individual situations.
· Working to improve the available insurance, standards of coverage, and mandatory minimums set by the government in regards to insurance of local workers.
· Maintain a donor database and regularly correspond with these donors.
· Facilitate matching grant programs with foundations and trusts that donate on the part of their clients.
· Maintain and creating content for a scheduled online newsletter for donors.
· Maintain timely and thorough accounting records.
· Prepare and submit all necessary local, state, and federal filings
· Oversee and work with support professionals hired by The Juniper Fund.
· Make regular deposits of donation checks, online donations and any other related banking.
· Maintain the variety of online sales, marketing, and financial accounts that The Juniper Fund utilizes in the execution of its mission.
· Database management and social media skills
· Familiarity with planning and budgeting processes
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Project and event coordination experience
· Non-profit and global experience strongly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree desired
15 hours week @ $25/hour.
Send a cover letter and resume to David Morton, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Priority will be given to materials received by May 7, 2016.