Everest Base Camp Fundraising Trek
October 19 - November 3, 2018
We are excited to be offering our first fundraising trek to Everest Base Camp this coming fall!
At 29,035 feet, Mount Everest soars high above the Himalayan mountain range as the tallest mountain in the world. This once in a lifetime opportunity will take you through the Everest region of Nepal and the heart of the Sherpa community. You will be immersed in the cultural and natural beauty of the Khumbu valley on this 13 day trek following the footsteps of legends. This trip will also take you to some of the restaurants that your generous donations helped make possible through The Juniper Fund’s Business Grant program, as well as meet many of The Juniper Fund families along the way.
You will be guided by one of the most experienced Himalayan guides, Dave Hahn, and also companied by our fabulous local guiding team
- Trek to the base camp of the breathtaking Mount Everest, the world’s highest mountain.
- Explore Sherpa villages and ancient monasteries.
- Hike to Kala Pattar (18,192') and Everest Base Camp (17,590').
- See stunning Himalaya views including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and more
There is no previous experience required in order to participate in this trip, although this is a physically demanding experience. Preparation and training is highly recommended.
See below for more information. To register or further questions email us:
Everest Base Camp Fundraising Trek
Trip Dates: October 19 - November 3, 2018 (departing from U.S. on or before October 18, 2018 depending on travel itinerary)
Total Donation Amount: $9,000.00 USD
Deposit to Register: $750.00 USD
Remaining Donation Due: September 30, 2018
- Day 01 – 19 Oct - Arrive at Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, short briefing about the trip
- Day 02 - 20 Oct - Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley, visit restaurants operated by The Juniper Fund families & re-check gear
- Day 03 – 21 Oct - Fly to Lukla 2840m, start trek to Phakding 2610m
- Day 04 – 22 Oct - Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m
- Day 05 – 23 Oct - Acclimatization Day in Namche - Hike to Khunde & Khumjung and visit with The Juniper Fund families
- Day 06 – 24 Oct - Trek from Namche to Debouche 3820m via Tangboche
- Day 07 – 25 Oct - Trek from Deboche to Dingboche 4350m
- Day 08 – 26 Oct - Rest day in Dingboche
- Day 09 – 27 Oct - Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche 4910m
- Day 10 – 28 Oct - Trek from Lobuche to Kalapather 5545m & back to Ghorekshep 5110m
- Day 11 – 29 Oct - Trek from Ghorekshep to Everest BC 5364m then back to Lobuche
- Day 12 – 30 Oct - Trek from Lobuche to Pangboche 3930m
- Day 13 – 31 Oct - Trek from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
- Day 14 – 01 Nov - Trek from Namche to Lukla
- Day 15 – 02 Nov - Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 16 – 03 Nov - Fly home.
The above itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons outside of our control, including weather, terrain conditions, acclimitization, team member health and fitness, etc. It is not unusual for adjustments to be made, and our guides use their good judgement to ensure the health, safety and success of all members on the trek.
Your tax-deductible $9,000 donation includes:
- - All meals and accommodation during the trek
- - Four nights accommodation in Kathmandu
- - Trekking staff and porters
- - Trekking and National Park fees
- - In-country ground transportation and domestic airfare
The cost does not include:
- - International airfare and excess baggage charges
- - Any travel fees
- - Rescue and travel insurance, rescue flights, and airport tax
- - Personal expenses (i.e. telephone calls, laundry, wifi, tips)
For detailed information or to receive the necessary paperwork to register for this climb please email us:
We look forward to trekking with you!